“In the midst of brokenness, there is the beauty of the people of God.” – Jimmy Seibert
As the Church, we want to be people who run to the crisis and not away from the crisis. During this time, we want to respond and offer help to those who have been affected by Hurricane Harvey.
Take a look at three ways you can be a part of our relief efforts:
1. PRAY //
- For comfort for those who lost loved ones and healing for the sick
- For restoration for people’s homes and people’s hearts
- For protection and provision for our teams that are helping with the clean-up efforts
- For a move of God in Houston and Southeast Texas
2. GIVE //
We are raising money through Acts of Mercy, our relief organization. Our goal is to fund our clean-up efforts as well as offer support to those affected by the flood. If you would like to give, you can do so here. Be sure designate “Hurricane Harvey Relief.” You can also text to give by texting “ANTIOCH” to 444999, be sure to select “7” for Acts of Mercy.
We also encourage you to donate toward Antioch Houston’s flood relief fund. Antioch Houston is leading out in our relief efforts, and you can give directly to them here.
3. GO //
Across the Antioch Movement, we are mobilizing workers to serve the people of Houston and surrounding areas. There are several opportunities for you to be a part of a relief team. Each team will partner with Antioch Houston in tearing down dry-wall, tearing out carpet and other tasks throughout the neighborhoods. Lodging is provided, and more details will come from your team leader. Sign up for a team below:
- Church-Wide // Friday, September 15th – Sunday, September 17th
- Church-Wide // Friday, September 15th – Saturday, September 16th
- Church-Wide // Saturday, September 16th – Sunday, September 17th
- Church-Wide // Friday, September 22nd – Saturday, September 23rd
- Church-Wide // Saturday, September 23rd – Sunday September 24th
- Church-Wide // Friday, September 29th – Sunday, October 1st
- Church-Wide // Friday, September 29th – Saturday, September 30th
- Church-Wide // Saturday, September 30th – Sunday, October 1st