This morning Vincent Carpenter continued our series, Seeing Jesus, with a message on identity crises. Sometimes life circumstances can cause us to have an identity crisis – maybe you didn’t get a certain promotion or you didn’t get invited to something. But we were created uniquely by Jesus, and when we see Him clearly, we begin to see ourselves more clearly. Check out some of our takeaways from today’s message:
- The law is an arrow that points to Jesus.
- We have been made uniquely by God to glorify God with our lives.
- An identity crisis is when a person struggles in understanding who he or she is, his or her value to other people and whether meaningful individuals care about.
- God established an identity for us before we were even created.
- Jesus wants to get in the middle of our identity crisis and point us back to Him.
- When we have an identity crisis, it’s an opportunity to see Jesus more clearly.
- Jesus is with us in the here and now through the person of the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus tells us, “Though you are broken, I am committed to you.”
- We have been given a place of honor from Jesus.
- Sometimes we have to be willing to decrease so Jesus can increase.
- To help us see ourselves the way God created us, we need to be clear on who Jesus is. This week look up passages of who Jesus is and declare His identity.
- Declare things you are thankful for. We get greater perspective when we are thankful for what we have, rather than what we don’t.
By Vincent Carpenter – Adult Pastor